Thursday, December 3, 2009

Here Comes Winter!

Well, like it or not, it's already December! We still don't have any snow around here, but the temp has cooled right down. It's only been a couple below, but when you are not used to it, you just get chilled right to the bone!

I am not as worried about my wintery daily commute to Vernon as in past years. This is because God has blessed me so much! My car is a real beater which left me on the side of the road many times last season. I was super scared to drive it another winter. For some reason I just worried and worried about it. Finally I prayed that God would see me through and help us know what to do (we can't afford another vehicle). Then right away my in-laws offered me their '99 Chevy Van!

I feel so very spoiled! For one, it's just a great reminder that God is looking out for us poor people and I have never driven a vehicle that has heat and inside lights! Pretty crazy hey? I'll tell you something, it will be super hard to go back to driving my old car again. God is so good.

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
And whose trust is the Lord
For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by the stream
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7&8

1 comment:

  1. You have wonderful in-laws and are truely blessed.

    ReplyDelete