Saturday, March 31, 2012

Royal Icing!

 Hey Friends!
Have you been wondering what all I have been up to?  Well the list isn't all that long...  Ryan has been working weekend night shifts, so that means a lot of time at night by myself.  Don't worry- it's a really good thing for me to have some alone time!
 Since my house is over decorated for Spring I thought I would turn my attention to some other hobbies.  Tonight I made Martha Stewart's Royal Icing, made with egg whites, icing sugar and lemon juice- I am so glad that it actually turned out because egg whites make me a little nervous...
I had a lot of fun making the flowers look a little different every time!    One of the next things I want to try is cupcakes from scratch, homemade icing and then decorating them all fancy with a piping bag. Maybe I will recruit Laura to help me!

Here is the link to Martha's recipe for the yummilicious Royal Icing. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the cookies, both pretty and yummy!

    ReplyDelete